YOUR LIGHT SWITCH IS YOUR VOTE
This year, Earth Hour has been transformed into the world’s first global election, between Earth and global warming.
For the first time in history, people of all ages, nationalities, race and background have the opportunity to use their light switch as their vote – Switching off your lights is a vote for Earth, or leaving them on is a vote for global warming. WWF are urging the world to VOTE EARTH and reach the target of 1 billion votes, which will be presented to world leaders at the Global Climate Change Conference in Copenhagen 2009.This meeting will determine official government policies to take action against global warming, which will replace the Kyoto Protocol. It is the chance for the people of the world to make their voice heard.
Earth Hour began in Sydney in 2007, when 2.2 million homes and businesses switched off their lights for one hour. In 2008 the message had grown into a global sustainability movement, with 50 million people switching off their lights. Global landmarks such as the Golden Gate Bridge in San Francisco, Rome’s Colosseum, the Sydney Opera House and the Coca Cola billboard in Times Square all stood in darkness.
In 2009, Earth Hour is being taken to the next level, with the goal of 1 billion people switching off their lights as part of a global vote. Unlike any election in history, it is not about what country you’re from, but instead, what planet you’re from. VOTE EARTH is a global call to action for every individual, every business, and every community. A call to stand up and take control over the future of our planet. Over 74 countries and territories have pledged their support to VOTE EARTH during Earth Hour 2009, and this number is growing everyday.
We all have a vote, and every single vote counts. Together we can take control of the future of our planet, for future generations.
VOTE EARTH by simply switching off your lights for one hour, and join the world for Earth Hour.
So Guys..and Ladies as well....Why not be part of it?I have sign up... y dont you?
let's save our EARTH!!!
Turn off all the non-essential lights!!! Free your life from electricity for 1 hour which is from 8:30PM - 9:30PM....shutdown your notebook, your aircond, television, radio and everything that use electricity. But do not stay in dark for the whole 1 hour!!! Do something!!!
You can held an acoustic guitar concert, lying on the grass and nikmati keindahan cahaya rembulan....buat unggun api and nyanyi2 mcm camp fire time camping tu...buat BBQ ker (yummy!!!), be creative... be eco-friendly!!!
By switching off, you get to reduce your energy and thus making sure that the future generation have a chance to experience the world like we do. Main Mission: Raising awareness to reduce Global Warming. This year, WWF is targeting 5 million Malaysians to take a pledge to switch off their lights. A few companies have made their pledge to switch off their lights. There will be the Genting Group, Digi, Media Prima and many others who have made a pledge to switch off their lights. So on March 28th, at 830pm, if you look up the sky, you will not see lights on KL tower, Mid Valley, Sunway Pyramid and a few other corporate companies. You will not also see the Genting logo. How awesome is that? Everyone taking a stand. Even 8tv is taking part and they are not showing any TV transmission from 830pm - 930pm.
When is Earth Hour 2009?
Date: March 28th, 2009
Time: 830pm - 930pm(Your own city’s timing)
Duration: 1 Hour
Venue: Your homes/Offices/Restaurants/ANYWHERE!
Turning your lights off for an hour is a great start. However, there are many other things you can do to make Earth Hour 2009 a success.
- Sign Up Now. Become a part of Earth Hour and get useful tips and tools to reduce your carbon footprint everyday
- Tell A Friend. Better still – tell them, your family and even your work mates. Encourage them to sign up. Email them a link to this website and mobilise even more people!
- Tell Your Story. How is climate change affecting your family and your community? We want to hear how you're becoming part of the solution.
- Run your own Earth Hour. Download our quick guide for how to run Earth Hour in your city or town. It's easy!
- Your Earth Hour. What will you be doing at 8.30pm on Saturday March 28? We're keen to know what you have planned for Earth Hour 2009. If you'd like to share your plans with Earth Hour and the media, then please send us an email describing with as much detail as you can what you have planned to firstname.lastname@example.org. Don't forget to include your name, where you live (City and Country), and your contact telephone number including your country code.
- Blogger Tool Kit: Create a blog post about the importance of global action on climate change and how participation in Earth Hour can make a difference.
I just sent this message thru my YM, SKYPE, Friendster & Facebook account to everyone!!!
Save The Eart Frens!!!SWITCH OFF your electricity on 28 Mac 8:30pm for 1 hour!!! Visit this site to show your concern to our Earth - www.earthhour.org. VOTE EARTH by simply switching off your lights for one hour, and join the world for Earth Hour!! YOUR LIGHT SWITCH IS YOUR VOTE!! Support the global warming!!